Sunday, November 28, 2010

Baraka

When I first heard that this movie would be silent I was baffled; thinking to myself "how are we supposed to know what this movie is about if there aren't any words?" After watching about the first five minutes I started to understand. I also started to become enthralled by the scenes being played before me. I especially enjoyed viewing the tribal chant and the traffic scenes that were played with an accompanying beat. One scene that I wasn't particularly fond of was the baby chick factory. I tried not watching so I am not completely sure of what exactly happened there.

After watching the majority of the film, missing about the last ten minutes, I feel that it was a documentary of the different cultures of the world. Showcasing the life different people lead and how different cultures lead out their lives. Certain scenes were powerful, like the chanting scene, which left goosebumps on my skin. Others were disturbing, while others scenes were simply nice to take in for the beauty they offered.

I enjoyed seeing the lives of many different cultures and I am happy that the director decided to include such a vast array of cultures. I noticed during the film that the rule of thirds and space was used frequently. However, after awhile I stopped trying to look for photography principles as I became more and more enthraled with the what I was watching. Overall, I enjoyed the movie immensely and wished I would have gotten to see the ending; however, I couldn't stay the extra time after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment